ignition coil 1999 elantra

Greetings, I believe that I have an ignition coil problem with my 1999 elantra. The car heats up and starts to cut off and on very briefly and abruptly and then
will cut out entirely and wont start again until it has cooled off for about 20-30min at which time it cranks right up. There is no spark from the coils when it won't crank. I checked the impedence on the coils when cool and it is within normal limits. I believe that the coils are grounding out when they get hot. Has anyone else had this problem and do I have it right. I have not checked the error code as I do not have a code reader readily available.
--
Jeff
This is not a failure I've seen on the 1999 Elantra. Your crank sensor is a much more likely culprit. The fact you have no spark pretty much rules out the fuel pump.