Ignition lock cylinder replacement

Has anyone replaced the Sonata NF ignition lock cylinder. I've replaced in other cars but this one looks different. I have removed the kick panels and
have taken the plastic light assembly off from around the switch. But I can not find the hole to press the button to release the cylinder. I don't have the new cylinder to see the location of the release button. I sure hope that I don't have to remove the entire switch assembly to pull the cylinder out. Any assistance appreciated. Are you there HyundaiTech!!
On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 7:11:33 PM UTC-4, Partner wrote:

You've got the right idea. If I recall correctly-- not sure I do-- the hol e is on the left side. You'll be able to push the plunger in once the cyli nder is turned to the accessory position. You may need a right-angle tool to get in there. I've found a cotter pin remove works well.
Something like the bottom tool in this picture: https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLGEc-k5UHFXmnLxLcL PX8Zzj6NhC-XQTcpYFb_AqTTDe9RU9C
Thanks HyundaiTech, it good to know its still the way I was used too. But I don't think its on the left side, If I remember correctly I could see the left side pretty good(and the bottom). Now that I know that its there I will try to probe around for it. I wish I could find a picture of it on the web so I could see where the pin is located. If you come across anything that would help, let me know.

Partner wrote:

I doubt that this will help, but here are two links that I found when doing a little Google searching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9I4MnRIrHk

http://www.hsmanual.com/repair_procedures-655.html
TomR, thanks for the help. I found the hole. I should have looked harder the first time. I could clearly see the right side and bottom but couldn't see the left side too well because it was against the steering column.

You were right, it is on the left side, about 3 o'clock. Knowing where to look, I looked more closely with a flashlight and found the hole. I used an allen wrench wedged in to small vise gripes to push it in. Thanks again, HyundaiTech. You're the man.

Make that 9 o'clock. I must have dyslexia.