Infinity sound system and LOGIC7

I got a Santa Fe last week with the Infinity upgrade (Ultimate Package). There is a large speaker in the middle of the dash (where a tray w/ lid would be without the audio upgrade). Is this a sub woofer
or a middle channel speaker?
I'm happy with the sound and, when watching a DVD, it's like having a good home theater system in the car.
Also, what's LOGIC7? It seems to be a simulated Dolby surrond effect.
Thanks
I checked out the picture at www.hmaservice.com, and although the picture is fairly small, the speaker doesn't look large enough to be a subwoofer.
I'm not much of an audiophile, so I have no idea what LOGIC7 is. Your surround sound theory would fit in exactly with the center speaker idea, though.