Info needed, please, 2007 Santa Fe radio

I am looking to add an aux input to a 2007 Santa Fe, stock radio.

Anyone know if there is a CD Din on this unit?? (the car is not here at present).

There seem to be din jacks out there on eBay, showing a simple 8pin din.. with 2 rca's in.. that s/b easy to make...

Advice, thank you!

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie

on many cars that is possible, but we don't know which unit is in THAT car. Yes it is possible to make an adapter. you can not be sure that any adapter on E bay will be compatible, in fact it might wind up shorting out the radio or the car electrical system. DIN wiring is not standard on any system and you are better off buying an adapter that was made specifically for the model of radio you have. what model radio DO you have? That is where you start. DO NOT TRUST VENDORS ON E BAY WITH YOUR CAR ELECTRICAL SYSTEM!!!! Be very cautious of any item offered on E bay, you might wind up with a cloud of smoke and melted wiring. Very expensive to repair. Now if you buy an aftermarket radio specifically intended for that car, and it has RCA inputs for a CD, you will be much safer. OR buy the stock CD player from Hyundai. another issue is the stock speakers which are rather low quality and low wattage rating. You are going to want to change those also. The speakers in my Hyundai are rated 3 watts, those are the factory speakers. CRUTCHFIELD at one time offered technical advisers to find the exact model radio and adapter or CD, amp that will fit a specific model car without the confusion and short circuits. That's a good way to go compared to buying (????) off e bay. The technical service is free, and could save you a huge headache.

Reply to
mykey

Hi- for now, I identifed the radio- D445S...

The 'basic', I guess.. for now we-re using an FM adaptor...

mykey wrote:

Reply to
Uncle Vinnie