Injector cleaner

My "new" 2008 Elantra has 11,500 miles on it. I just added a slug of Techtron injector cleaner (12 gallon size) to a full tank of gas. How
often should this be done? Also - when I do my next oil change would it be a good idea to shift to synthetic oil?
---MIKE---

>> (44 15' N - Elevation 1580')
My "new" 2008 Elantra has 11,500 miles on it. I just added a slug of Techtron injector cleaner (12 gallon size) to a full tank of gas. How often should this be done? Also - when I do my next oil change would it be a good idea to shift to synthetic oil?
I add it in at the 250,000 mile mark. So far, I've not kept a car that long so I've never had the need.
As for synthetic, it is better than dino oil, but unless you have a high performance car and drive at high rpm and high temperatures, it is not going to get you much, if anything. Most engines today outlast the rest of the car with oil changes done according to the recommendations. I change at 7500 miles and can get 200,000 miles from an engine. The exception was my 83 Olds V-6 that had poor design problems.
If it makes you feel good, spend the money. IMO, it you need additives, you really have other problems.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I run synthetics in all of my vehicles. Well, not in my K1200LT yet, but will once the Nikasil cylinders are thoroughly broken in - which I'm told takes about 18,000 miles. :-)
However, I pretty much agree with Ed. For normal use, the synthetics don't buy you much. I use them for one reason - cold winters. The starting performance at below zero temperatures is markedly superior. I will admit that the newer 5W20 oils crank pretty well at lower temps, but they still can't match full synthetics. Were it not for the cold winters where I live, I'd probably just use dino oil, although the price difference is no longer that great. Conventional oils such as Castrol run nearly $4/qt now and I can get Mobil 1 for about $6. I remember the day when Mobil 1 cost 4X more ($4 vs $1) as compared to a good dino oil such as Castrol. With only a 50% cost disadvantage, I don't feel so bad using Mobil 1.
I was hoping to get your take on my questions.
---MIKE---