Interesting problem with AM tuning

Hi,
I need help solving an interesting problem with my H260 CD/AM/FM unit, which I pulled out of my 2002 Elantra GT, and installed into my dad's 2002 Elantra
GLS (replacing his H220 tape unit). Everything seems to work just fine, EXCEPT AM tuner has suddenly started moving in 9 kHz increments: 530..539..548..557...etc., instead of the expected 10 kHz steps. This makes it impossible to tune in to most stations, either manually or using the scan function. The unit worked fine before it was pulled out of GT.
If I remember correctly, 9 kHz step is used in some countries, but I could find no way to switch H260 back to 10 kHz step. I've also looked on Hyundai Web Tech, but did not find anything that would help either.
TIA,
-Ig.
-------- The gentle government that promises to hold your hand as you cross the street refuses to let go on the other side.
Theodore Forstmann
Sounds like an internal problem in the radio. You may be able to do a halfway decent job tuning by playing with scan/seek and regular tuning.
I've tried playing with it, but it does not tune to a lot of stations no matter what I do.
Anyway, it looks like my dad will have to go back to his old tape unit. Thanks for your help!
-Ig.

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:46:45 -0500, "Igor Matlin"

You might try going to one of the radio oriented newsgroups and asking this question.
Old_Timer