Intrusion Alarm going off on its own on 02 Santa Fe

The alarm in my '02 Santa Fe goes off on its own occasionally when locked with the Keyless entry. I have to lock it with the door button to keep this
from happening, but that doesn't set the alarm. Is this a common condition? It seems to have started when I changed the battery a few months ago. I pulled the battery loose thinking this may reset the system but to no avail. Anyone else experience this? Seems I've heard of it before, but can't locate any information.
Regards, Jim L.
Typically, this is caused by the hood switch. Lock with remote and jostle the hood a bit to see if the alarm sounds. You may just need to adjust the hood a little.
The system will arm if all the doors and hood is shut (and their switches are open). If the problem isn't readily apparent, you should probably go around checking all the door switches as well. An intermittent short in any will cause the alarm to sound.