Is there a way to find out the codes for an Accent

I'm trying to figure why my Engine Light keeps coming on. I've heard that you can find that out by turning the key on and off a couple times. Is this
correct and, if so, how do I do it?
Stacy Bell wrote:

You need an ODB II code reader to check the codes and reset the Check Engine Light. You can get the Actron PocketScan for as little as $65 shipped online. (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Pep Boys sells them for $79.99, plus a $10 rebate.
Some parts/service stores will scan the codes for you free, if you don't want to buy a scanner.
If you've got a 1995 Accent, an OBD II code reader won't work. Other than that, OBD II should work fine.