Jack points for 2004 Elantra

If I don't use the supplied jack and want to purchase something stronger, where should the jack be placed to raise the vehicle?

Same place as with the original jack. On my 2004 Elantra the jack points are just behind the front wheels, under the driver's door, and just in front of the back wheels, under the passengers door.
Eric
Most replacement jacks have a flat plate which won't fit in the designated locations. The origional jack has a slot in the top.

That is true, but the flat plate will lift the car right on the seam. When you try it you'll see that it actually feels more secure than the original jack. And the plate is not truly flat, it does have "teeth" around the it to keep the lift location from falling off.
Eric
Thanks Eric, I'll give this a try.
Elantraowner wrote:

If you're using a floor jack, jack the car up at the ends, not the sides. Use the pad behind the center tow hook at either end of he vehicle. Be sure to use jack stands to support the car after you jack it up. FWIW, I never jack up a car on the side, except in roadside emergencies.