just curious (2003 Sonata)

Firstly, I want to thank hyundaitech and others to my posting on my uncles car and mine. My uncle replaced his A/C condenser for only 189.00 at a Lexus dealer. The Hyundai dealer was asking for 350.00. My car still has the peeling chrome on the passenger door handle. I printed off your replies and showed them to the dealer and he insisted that my door handle is not covered at all final!! Also, he stated that there was never a known issue about peeling chrome in Hyundai cars. I called customer service and they agreed with the dealer.

I met another owner a week ago who drove the same kind of car as mine (03 sonata) and he told me that he received an 100.00 refund from Hyundai corp. because they misrepresented the horsepower on the V6 model. It says 170hp but it's really 165hp. I have a v6 and I never received a check. This took place last year! Should I be entitled to this 100.00 refund? Also, I wanted to change my stock radio/cd player with something that plays mp3's. I seen in this week best buys flyer a insignia player for 69.00 installed. Is it worth it. I want to compare the specs with the stock and this new one but I can't find a website where I can get this info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks group.

Reply to
sonata32

You should have received notification if you were entitled to anything as a settlement. A number of things were offered, including extending the warranty. This was all part of a class action lawsuit.

I don't have any radio info to offer.

Reply to
hyundaitech