Keyless Entry Problem

Have an '02 Sonata with keyless. Went for gas today (wife and I), we both got out of the car and shut the doors. The car locked by itself with the keys in the ignition. Had to have the neighbor come with the spare set. The remote (spare) would not work, the spare key did. Once we got in, everything worked okay the spare and the regular remote. Once before the car locked by itself and the alarm went off. The wife had the keys at the time and this was no problem. My guess is there must be some kind of a control module that has a problem. Can anyone shed some light on this, I'd like to get it fixed if it's not a fortune. As this is the wife's car and she doesn't like these kind of surprises.

Thank you all, Bob

Reply to
Bob Babskie

I have an 07 Sonata that will occasionally lock itself after exiting. The dealer says he can't find anything wrong with it. What I now suspect from observations is that its not completely unlocking when I open the door. What I have done is too hide an extra key in a magnetic box on the car.

Reply to
Partner

"Bob Babskie" ha scritto nel messaggio news:Xns9AD3CB38E3EA4Rbabskiemicroservene@216.196.97.142...

With my former Hyundai Sonata I had the same problem; in my opinion it can occur a faux contact slamming the door in hot days, it's not related to remote control. From that day I always take with me the keys exiting from car ;-)

Reply to
Zotto

Don't know why it locked, but I may be able to answer a few questions about some of the other things you've referenced in your post.

-- Doors will not lock with key in ignition and door open.

-- Remotes will not operate while key is in ignition.

-- If car is unlocked with remote and a door is not opened within 30 seconds, the computer presumes it was an inadvertent unlock signal, and then locks the vehicle and arms the security system.

Some automobiles have alarms on them that automatically lock and arm the car after the key is off a certain period of time. Since we typically leave the keys in the car while it's in the shop, we always roll down a window to prevent being unintentionally locked out of the car.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech