Keyless Entry Remote battery

My wife's remote (02 elantra) still shows red when pushing buttons but does nothing, the other remote still works.
Question; did I read right somewhere that you have 8
seconds to replace the battery before losing programming ?
--
Michael in Oregon

That's not correct. The car is programmed to recognize the specific remote you have. No matter how long the remote is unpowered, it'll still do the same thing when you press the button.
The red LED indicates that the remote is powered and the button operates. If the programming procedure doesn't fix the issue, you'll need a new remote to solve the issue.

Thanks hyundaitech, I went out to the garage and tried but this time I pushed much harder and YAY , it works........
Tried the other one and it too had to be pushed a little more forcefully than when it was new, it will be harder to lock it by 'accident' now.
She bought it new so maybe its time for new batts..............are you saying it is not correct that you can replace the batt without losing the programming?
Michael in Oregon
The programming will never be lost during transmitter battery replacement.

Use a sharp knife edge to pry open the remote and you will see the flat battery that you can probably get in any department store.