kr, I have the surge you mentioned on my 2005 elantra, did you find the cure?

2005 elantra surges up to 3000 rpm anyone fix this by changing Iac?
Reply to
jim

Check the throttle cable for slack. It should have some. If not, it's probably holding the throttle open.

Also check the throttle position sensor and for any trouble codes indicating an issue with the sensor.

Also check the PCV hose for holes.

Reply to
hyundaitech