Leasing a 2005 Santa Fe?

One of my local dealerships has a $6000 rebate voucher good on the lease of a new santa fe. They said about $1750 down and you can lease a santa fe for $239/mo. They also said the residual value is so low on
them that it's a better deal to use the $6000 check and buy the car at the end of the lease - that you'd end up getting the car slightly cheaper in the long run. Does this sound valid? I'm wanting a 2005 Santa Fe.
Also, what's the towing capacity like on the Santa Fe? I want to buy a popup camper some day soon too.
Well, do you want the truck or not? Shop around a little bit and if you think the Santa Fe is right for you, than go for it.