LED lights

My car: 2003 Sonata 67,000 miles v6 gl model
Recently, I noticed that my led lights that light up the fan speed around the dial are out. The other knob which shows the blue going to red works
fine as well as the push button controls that are used to regulate the air flow. Is this something easy to replace. I recently bought a garmin gps unit and for the first time used the 12 volt outlet. Could this have fused the led light out by chance. What steps should I do to find out why and how I can correct the problem. It is very bothersome when your used to that knob being lit at night and now its all dark!!
Thanks,
Jeff
If you're comfortable pulling the dash center panel out, the lamps should be no problem to replace, but they're not LED's; they're just regular bulb and socket assemblies. If you want one, you'll probably need to order it from the dealer.
Oh, and it's not related to the lighter/power socket. It runs of the same circuit as the rest of the dash illumination.