lights flickering on accent

When the car is running all lights interior and exterior flicker on the car. When I unhook the battery, this stops. Lights will run on just the alternator alone fine...also fine when on
the battery alone (car not running) When car is started...with the battery hooked up...everything flickers.
Thanks for the help.
Kathy

So the engine is running without the battery? Keep on doing this and your problem will be solved, the flickering will stop. I have always understood that electrical spikes will kill the electronics rather quickly with the battery unhooked.
Rob
Your alternator is having problems keeping proper voltage. This could be due to a problem in the alternator itself or a problem with the battery capacitance.
If youve got another battery you can stuff in the car (even if it doesnt fit well) just for comparison, you should probably do that first. If it cures the issue, replace the battery with one that fits properly. I suspect, however, that the problem is with the voltage regulator in the alternator. If the substitute battery doesnt solve the problem, youll need to replace the alternator.
"Humanvirus" wrote: > When the car is running all lights interior and exterior > flicker on > the car. > When I unhook the battery, this stops. > Lights will run on just the alternator alone fine...also fine > when on > the battery alone (car not running) > When car is started...with the battery hooked up...everything > flickers. > > Thanks for the help. > > Kathy