Locking problems on Lantra

Problem is a 1999 Lantra. When remote is pressed there is a faint single click from module in dashboard. Lamps flash once. Doors do not lock or unlock. Pressing remote again gets you two clicks from
module in dsahboard and two lamp flashes. Still no onlocking or unlocking. I,m not sure its connected but Cig Lighter outlet in dash doesnt work. All fuses ok. Any suggestions appreciated. John
On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:44:05 +1100, John wrote:

The wiring, especially that going through the door to the modules, well known problem to the Hyaundai dealers.
Irwell wrote:

I may have a related problem with a different model. I'll now post about it.
Much obliged for that. Its RHD so obviously we are talking Drivers door seeing it would be opening (and flexing wires) more often than passenger. John

The OP's vehicle is older than the ones with the known wiring issue. I'd recommend checking the power lock circuit. Based on the description, we know that the signal from the fob is being received and interpreted properly.
All sorted. It appears that central locking was added to Australian models locally. That extended to a fuse being added behind the dash that doesnt appear in the handbook or websites ot get a mention anywhere!. After spending an entire day tracking wires I had a mirror on floor looking behind dash and bingo. New fuse , all fixed.
wrote:

The OP's vehicle is older than the ones with the known wiring issue. I'd recommend checking the power lock circuit. Based on the description, we know that the signal from the fob is being received and interpreted properly.

Glad you found it, John.