looking to buy a 2003 huyndai tiburon. need advice

ive found a 2003 huyndai tiburon for sale and im very interested in buying it. its got a 4 cylinder engine, 5 speed manual transmition, and has roughly
36,000 miles on it. my father is a chrysler auto mechanic and he knows alot about cars, just not much on this car in particular. if someone could tell me if these cars have anything frequently wrong with them, and could tell me what to look for when i test drive it i would greatly appreciate it.

36,000 miles is not much in five years. Tiburon, like any sporty car favored by young buyers, may have been driven a bit harder than the typical 4 door sedan. Any good mechanic can tell if the steering is loose shifting is difficult or it is running rough. Find a good mechanic and have him check it out. Brakes and tires are normal wear items and may need replacing at 35000 to 40,000 so budget that into the price.
Of the 5 Hyundai,s that have been in our family I,d say the weakest point is the gearbox. Synchro seems to shows signs of aging well before body/engine issues. Never had a Tiburon though, may be quite different.