Maintance Requirements on Line

Is there a PDF file on line so to see what maintenance requirements are for Hyundia's?
I thought this would be helpful to see what the requirements are needed
before buying the next vehicle , as to figure out future maintenance cost.
Thanks tom
twfsa wrote:

The only thing that's at all unusual about the maintenance schedule is that the timing belt has to be changed at 60K miles. Other than that, it's just fluid and filter changes at typical intervals.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

So if you don't do everything the maintenance pamphlet says, it won't void your warranty?
Chris
Guncho wrote:

No, I didn't say that.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

If you don't do everything the maintenance manual says, will that void your warranty?
Chris
It'll mean that if a failure is caused by the lack of maintenance that Hyundai is within their rights to not cover that repair under the warranty.
Guncho wrote:

It could. Whether it will depends on how reasonable the dealer and Hyundai choose to be. It they are reasonable, they will assess whether any missed maintenance is related to the failure in question. If it isn't related, then they shouldn't deny the warranty coverage. However, if it is related, then I think they should deny your warranty. After all, why should I subsidize via higher vehicle costs your unwillingness to maintain your car?
Matt
Matt Whiting wrote:

An example of this is that I had a transmission problem with my old Excel. When I contacted Hyundai about it, they asked about the service history of the car and specifically about whether the timing belt had been replaced. It hadn't because I purchased the car used and didn't have the maintenance schedule, so I didn't know the timing belt needed to be replaced at 60K miles. However, they covered the transmission problem anyway, since I had maintained the vehicle properly otherwise and promised to change the timing belt, which I did before the tranny work was done. BTW, this occurred at 64K miles, which was out of warranty for older Hyundais, which only came with a 60K mile warranty. I'd say that's pretty outstanding customer service.
More likely, Brian, the dealer chose to ask about your timing belt. I've never seen a Hyundai rep ask about an immaterial item to the failure in question. I suspect the dealer knew they could get the tranny covered for you and used this as leverage to get you to do the timing belt.
hyundaitech wrote:

The local dealer was never involved in the transaction. I spoke directly with Hyundai after having the problem diagnosed by a reputable local AAMCO dealer, who I had dealt with before on another vehicle. Hyundai even agreed to let them do the work. BTW, the rebuild (new bearings) lasted over 100K miles compared to the original 64K. Come to think of it, so did the timing belt.
I've been able to find maintenance requirements for current model year vehicles on www.hyundaiusa.com.
hyundaitech wrote:

http://www.giambalvo.com/Images/Documents/JGiambalvo%20Hyundai_2.pdf
Chris
Guncho.
thanks .
Tom

Chris:
Your link is to a particular dealer's maintenance package. You should not confuse this with the maintenance requirements prescribed by Hyundai, which may be fewer or more.
I looked at www.hyundaiusa.com, and I see they've changed things a little. If you go to this page:
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/owners/myhyundai/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fowners%2fservice%2fservicerecords.aspx
you should be able to register and get what you desire. Compare the manufacturer's requirements with the dealer's services. You'll see whether you need everything they're pitching or whether you'll need to add additional services.
I logged into my account at hyundaiusa.com and checked out the maintenance schedule. There is no mention of timing belt changes at all for the 4 cylinder! Also, at the 7500 mile service I was charged to adjust the rear brakes, which confused the heck out of me, but I paid it....... It's also not on the Hyundai recommended service.

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/owners/myhyundai/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fowners%2fservice%2fservicerecords.aspx
Tom wrote:

What year and model do you have? I believe my 06 Sonata calls for rear brake adjustment, but this is for the drum parking brake, not the disk service brakes, I believe.
Matt
Hi Matt,
For some reason, my answer got lost in the ether.. I have a 2006 4 cyl. I paid for the rear parking brake adjustment, which is a drum, as you said. I don't know if they adjust the cable or the shoes. Do you see that requirement for your car when you log into hyundaiusa.com? I sure didn't. Curious.
Tom

tjnamtiw wrote:

I haven't checked hyundaiusa.com, but I believe it is in the maintenance section of my owner's manual, but it has been 6 months since I read it, so I'm not 100% sure of that. However, most drum brakes need adjustment unless they are self-adjusting, which is not likely with a parking brake.
Matt
Yea, I think it is in the manual, but it's not on the hyundai site. I guess they just haven't got it programmed in correctly. My parking brake worked very well after just 6000 miles so they probably did nothing except check to see that it worked and charged me..... Oh well.

Tom wrote:

That may well be. Mine isn't as powerful as I'd like, but it is enough to hold the car when parked. I used it a few times to stop from 30 MPH or so to get the shoes seated well, and it took a long time to stop. So, I'd say it really is more of a parking brake than an emergency break! Mine may need adjustment, but I haven't had time to look at it yet and it isn't bad enough to worry about.
Matt