major maintence over 60k?

What are the major maintence requirements for a hyundai accent over 60K? Right now i am at 68, and have had the 30k and the 60k services done (with the timing belt change) I also purchased the 10 year bumper to bumper, but I got a letter that the company went bankrupt, does anyone have any information about this?

I would also like to add that I have been VERY pleased with my 2002 accent, it was/is a great college car, and has done me well since graduating. In the future i man consider "up-grading" to the elantra or one of the 4 wheel drive SUV.. only if Hyundai produced some all wheel drive car, like the Outback.

Reply to
illusion123a

At 60k, you've completed a maintenance cycle on this car. If you do everything just like you had 60k fewer on your car than you actually have, you'll still be on the maintenance schedule.*

*I think the only exception to this is the automatic transmission fluid. Hyundai seems to have gone to a maintenance mileage on ATF that's so large, I almost never look to see whether it's 100k or never. Check your owner's manual on that one.
Reply to
hyundaitech

I'm very impressed with Hyundai cars. I bought my first Hyundai, an Excel, bought used for $2000 and put 135,000 on it with only doing oil changes and replacing the fan thermostat. Less that $50 in repairs in 135,000 is quite amazing. My second Hydunai is an Accent, which I still have, has 106,000 and has had no repairs other than scheduled maintenance. I have had no problems whatsoever with the Accent, not even a loose screw since I bought it. My third Hyundai is an Elantra with 12,000 on it. That's a total of 252,000 miles with one $50 repair.

- Mooron

Reply to
Mooron

Very lucky!

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

Tom, I dont think its luck at all !!!! It just goes to show you that if you take care of your vehicles and do regular maintanance they will last as long as you want them to.

I remember when I was a kid, my mother had a 1959 Chevy Impala station wagon, that poor car had 213,000 miles on it and the ONLY THING that was done to that car since it was new, was general maintanence and a generator. other than the floors rotting out ( New York State weather ) the body was still in really good shape when she got rid of it.

Tunez

Reply to
Tunez

My wife and I have 03 and 05 Elantra GT's. We are both very happy with them.

Reply to
jtees4