Malfunction indicator-Accent 2001

Hi Group, This malfunction light just came on today. Car has 18.000 miles on it. Should I worry about this? I live 80 miles from the closest dealer.
Thanks, Nermin

Something is amiss. Could be unimportant -- could be important. You should take it somewhere to have it checked. If there are places around that read codes for free, that would be an excellent place to start. If not, then it's time to determine whether it's easier to pay someone some diagnostic time or make the 80 mile trek.
My 2001(50000 kms) had the engine light on. Code indicated problem with the oxygen sensor. The flex pipe had rust perforation on it so I changed and the light's now off.
Hope this helps
--
Alex

snipped-for-privacy@LEAFSgmail.com