MALLOY HYUNDAI, Woodbridge, Virginia: BEWARE!

SEVERAL WEEKS AGO, I bought from this dealer a 2010 Accent, 4-door, but, being old-school, didn't think to look for or ask about a TEMPERATURE GAUGE at time of purchase.
The Malloy salesman didn't tell me about this missing instrument, either!
Since that day neither the Hyundai Customer Service people at the corporate headquarters, or Malloy Hyundai personnel would answer my question: WHY NO TEMP. GAUGE?
Intentional? Is the lack of a gauge an economy move by Hyundai?
I'll probably never know.
But the absence of an easily visible IN-DASH analog gauge has made me uncomfortable, and skeptical. Like what else DOESN'T this motor vehicle have?
The owners manual refers to an emergency light that, supposedly, comes on when the vehicle is dangerously hot, as a "temperature gauge." No way!
THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE! So, I have an inquiry about this issue pending with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
http://www.yelp.com/biz/malloy-mazda-hyundai-kia-woodbridge-2
?

This is the third thread you've injected this or started it. At what point to you think you will realize you are making a fool of yourself? While you may not agree, the question has been discussed and answered. No salesman is going to tell you or even care about the temp gauge, nor will 99.95 of the car buyers.

You've been told, but refuse to comprehend

I'm sure they will get a laugh out of this to. It is not and has never been a safety issue. Rather than stress yourself and get ill, do something constructive, such as having a drink. A strong drink. Nothing you do or say will change the facts and nothing will come of it.
Next time, do due diligence when you buy.
I'm sorry but I have to agree with the other posters. You're making a fool of yourself.
Most of the cars I've had in my 40 years of driving did not have temp gauges. It may be an inconvenience for you but it is NOT a safety issue.
The idiot light is adequate in a maintained vehicle and it seems in some cases appropriately named
I can't believe you would be ignorant enough to think an auto manufacture could possibly get away with selling a car without the required safety equipment.
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:27:14 -0800 (PST), Sydney Limbaugh

Sydney Limbaugh wrote:

One posting to one group is reasonable. Three repetitive posts of the same thing to three different NG's makes you a troll to be ignored from now on.
Somebody please call the waaaambulance for this turkey!
iws wrote:

A bullet in the back of the neck makes a hell of a lot more sense.
On 1/23/2011 5:27 PM, Sydney Limbaugh wrote:

The Accent is their bottom of the line car. If you want something with a temperature gauge buy a more expensive model. So yeah, it probably was an economy move Because it is an economy car. Get over it. The dealer probably isn't calling you back because he's figured out what everyone here has, that you're crazy.
Bill
Bill wrote

Nope.
Its got one, he's so stupid he didnt even notice.

Guess again.

Not even possible. He'll be whining about the lack of buggy whips any moment.

Funny how many yo-yos a crazy poster can drag out of the cesspool.
I hear Malloy IS for shit!
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:27:14 -0800 (PST), in misc.consumers Sydney

Funny, almost every car I owned in the 70s and 80s had no temperature gauge, either; they all had just a "HI TEMP" idiot light, just like your Hyundai. Somehow I survived to tell the tale.
Hey, guys,
Why do you have to pile onto this guy like you're a pack of arrogant flaming shmucks?
He's confused about netiquette and confused about cars. Try to set him straight with some courtesy. He posted the message twice.
I'd be pissed if my car had no temperature gauge, too, no matter what the price.
Sydney: please note the following: 1. A temperature gauge is not a safety device. 2. A temperature gauge is, however, a damn good thing to have in order to evaluate your cooling system's condition and whether you're heading toward trouble, and how quickly. 3. It's stingy for a car maker to leave useful gauges off the dashboard, but if the car is otherwise good (and I think that yours is), please go to an auto parts store and buy yourself an aftermarket temperature gauge. OK? 4. Don't blame the dealer about this. It's so normal these days for cars to have idiot lights that the dealer didn't think to tell you. It's not the dealer's fault. It's Hyundai's. And besides, many people won't look at their gauges until after the engine has blown up anyway. 5. If you don't have the technical ability to add the gauge yourself, I recommend that you hire a mechanic or a savvy neighbor's kid to put it on for you. 6. Sydney, please learn some basic internet courtesies and customs. Some newsgroups are inhabited by entrenched arrogant shmucks. Don't let those here bother you. But do learn some manners. This really matters. OK? 7. And forget Yelp: they're corrupt.
Psychodopolous

If you look at Sydney's usenet history via Google Groups, he's not exactly some n00b, and certainly not some good-natured human being ambushed by "those mean old internets".
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=InHMzRQAAAA67RFrYu1YS_m66tQa4AEeOPANdqfI6prRsqjc7uCt1A
14000 posts under many aliases, including many vulgarities that you don't have to go more than a few hours back to uncover.
Matthew Fedder wrote:

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=InHMzRQAAAA67RFrYu1YS_m66tQa4AEeOPANdqfI6prRsqjc7uCt1A
Whoops. Matthew, you mean that this guy's a troll?
My bad.
Is he a pest here?
PD
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:27:14 -0800 (PST), Sydney Limbaugh

OMG! Myne doesn't have one either!
CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!