Map lights don't go on when door opens

I was told by the dealer that Hyundai will have a kit soon that will allow the dealer to "fix" the problem my 2007 Santa Fe has, i.e., the overhead map lights don't go on automatically when the door is opened. Does anyone know if the kit is available yet to dealers? I was told (and got it in writing at the time I bought the car two weeks ago) that the fix will be free.

Reply to
SteveK

I'd bet that the service manager or parts department at the dealership will know. Try giving them a call.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I've heard nothing of such a repair kit (but that doesn't mean it's not in the works). To my knowledge, the map lights aren't intended to illuminate when the doors are opened.

Reply to
hyundaitech