mass air flow sensor 2002 Hyndia Accent

I have a 2002 hyundai accent with a check engine light on. I took it to Auto Zone and they told me it was the mass air flow sensor. How do I check the mass air flow sensor to see if it is bad. Also when the
car runs a while and then idles it will die.
If you have a 1.5L engine, Hyundai has a very nice TSB detailing the sensor values at www.hmaservice.com. You'll be interested in TSB 01-36-022. Since it was intended primarily for 2000 and 2001 Accents, you'll need to lie about the year of your car to get it to display.