Memory presets

I am going to replace the steering wheel audio controls on a 07 Azera to include channel changing ability. In order to do so I want to disconnect the negative terminal in order to cut power to the airbag.
My question is - can I attach a lower volt battery (I think I've used a 9 volt previously) to preserve my memory seat and audio settings? Or is there a way to disarm the airbag - perhaps a fuse or something? Thanks for any suggestions
I've had issues with 9V batteries not preserving the presets. Furthermore, if you attach a 9V battery, it could be enough to keep the air bag system awake. Your best bet is to disconnect the battery and reset the radio when you reconnect the cable, if that's even necessary.
Thanks, I took your advice and lost my radio presets but the seat memory was still retained. I can now change channels or cd tracks from the steering wheel. :D