motor-driven power steering

Hyundai just sent me an E-mail about the 2011 Sonata. I know it has a number of new features, but this one I'm not sure of. The E-mail states "Thanks to Gasoline Direct Injection technology and motor-driven power steering, the 2011 Sonata delivers 200 horsepower* and up to 35 MPG. "

Is this "motor-driven power steering" the same as the electric power steering in the new Elantra. ?

Reply to
Partner