Mud Flaps on the '06

Anybody know about dealer installation of mudflaps. Does it require drilling holes in the body metal or is it done through the plastic wheel well liner? Rich

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

FWIW, the factory mudflaps for the Elantra use existing screw holes.
Sonata, couple months old. This would be done directly thru the dealer, so factory. I'm wondering also if this would impact the corrosion guarantee I live in the Northeast USA..............
Left out model......Sonata
I can't recall the last time I've installed a set on Sonata, but all I've done use existing holes. There should be no negative effect on your corrosion warranty.

I seem to recall when I installed mine (Elantra Hatch), that there was an extra available screw/hole in the car, and screw in the packagaing, but no corresponding hole in the mudflap. Infact while I give it more though, I believe I used the screws that were already also holding the wheel well liner in place. I performed some highly complex rigidity tests that involved tugging on the mudflap with my fingers, and determined I didn't need to mess around drilling an extra hole. 20k+ miles later and they're still firmly attached.
on my 06 Santa Fe, the holes and screws where already there....
Pete...

"marich2" wrote:

I have a 2006 Sonata and just purchased a set for the front and rear (they are from Hyundai and have a Hyundai part #) from autowebaccessories. No drilling is required. They only come in black.
They fit perfectly and follow the contours of the inner fender exactly. It was a four screw installation (screws included even though you can use the existing ones) and youll need a short phillips screwdriver for the rear. The front installation is easy, just turn the wheels to where you have access to the screws. Total time for all four was approx. 15 minutes.
Good luck,
Barry