my engine light is blinking and car is shaking

Threaded View

I got in my car and it started shaking. So I let it warm up. So when I
pulled out of the parking it still was shaking. When I got up to 20mph the
check engine light started blinking and the car was shaking at the same
time. Like it was going to turn off in the middle of the road? I want to
know why it could be doing that and is that a sign that my car is going to
totally die on me??????

Re: my engine light is blinking and car is shaking

It may be something as simple as a loose/damaged spark plug wire. Check
the wiring and the plugs. If you haven't replaced them and they're more
than 30K miles old, doing so would be a good idea.

Re: my engine light is blinking and car is shaking

Take it to a Hyundai dealer and get it checked ASAP. Duh.

Re: my engine light is blinking and car is shaking

Brian's exactly correct on this.  I'll just add that anytime the lamp
flashes, the vehicle thinks you're damaging your (very expensive)
catalytic converter.  It'd be best if you didn't drive the vehicle until
it's repaired.

Re: my engine light is blinking and car is shaking

Try to change the spark plugs and wires.

Site Timeline