my engine light is blinking and car is shaking

I got in my car and it started shaking. So I let it warm up. So when I pulled out of the parking it still was shaking. When I got up to 20mph the check engine light started blinking and the car was shaking at the same time. Like it was going to turn off in the middle of the road? I want to know why it could be doing that and is that a sign that my car is going to totally die on me??????

boricua wrote:

It may be something as simple as a loose/damaged spark plug wire. Check the wiring and the plugs. If you haven't replaced them and they're more than 30K miles old, doing so would be a good idea.

Take it to a Hyundai dealer and get it checked ASAP. Duh.

Brian's exactly correct on this. I'll just add that anytime the lamp flashes, the vehicle thinks you're damaging your (very expensive) catalytic converter. It'd be best if you didn't drive the vehicle until it's repaired.

Try to change the spark plugs and wires.