My first Hyundai

I've had my 06 Accent 3 door C-si for a week ( I'm Canadian,we like hatchbacks here) and just love it.This is my first Hyundai product and I've been a Honda guy for a long time.
I was impressed enough by the car reviewers to give it a look and bought it after the test drive with no hesitation whatsoever.
I'm way impressed with the fit and finish and the trim level and it's just plain fun to drive!!!
Loking forward to reading more here,did a bit of lurking for a bit pre purchase...just figured it was time to come out and say hi.
John.
Just bought my first NEW one last month. A 06 Sonata, We love it too.
Rob

photog wrote:

Just bought our first Hyundai 2 months ago, a 05 Accent 3 dr hatchback 5 spd (I prefer hatchbacks, too). I'm usually a Ford guy, but wanted something small and economical to use as a daily driver instead of my gas guzzling truck. I've been impressed with the quality of the build, the way it sounds, the acceleration, and the gas mileage. I already have 2,500 miles on it, and the worst mileage was 29 MPG (US) on the first tank with mostly city driving. I'm getting about 34-38 on the highway with 70 MPH speed limits, depending whether it's a headwind or tailwind. I agree with you, it's fun to drive! Good luck with yours!
John
JPH wrote:

Believe it or not, the 5-speed Elantra will get the same kind of highway mileage, but it's not as good in city driving
congrats, but i would have waited for the 06 model, light years ahead of the current generation..

Mine is an 06?
snipped-for-privacy@silverworks.com says...

Sonata looks quite nice. I think a lot of people still think of the old pony's and stellars, etc. and are reluctant to embrace Hyundai but from what I have seen in the last few years, it looks like they have come along very nicely.
--

Cheers!

Jan

I got mine last Friday here in the UK.
My first NEW new car - its a Coupe 2.0 SE in red.
Very nice so far. I just have to potter around for the first 1000 miles.
Rab