My transmission is crazy

I am just wondering if anyone else with a 1996 Hyandai Accent has had a lot of Transmission trouble with theres. I have only had mine about 2 months and the woman who previously owned it had the same trouble-
leaks from her transmission. I have since had it fixed and now it acts like the emergency brake is on when I try to drive it. Wondering if anyone can give me some advise. Thanks
sounds like trans is in failsafe try getting car scanned for codes normally the od off light will flash or check engine light will come on