my weird engine rattle - SOLVED!

Finally got my 01 Santa Fe GLS V6 into the shop...
The sound I feared was cam related was apparently a bad idler on the timing belt tensioner. Much relief was had by all except the dealer
mechanic who was probably hoping to make a lot more hours off this job. If all goes well I'll be picking it up Monday afternoon...
The 900-miles-on-the-odometer rental 2005 Neon definetly made me appreciate my Santa Fe again ;)
JS
That's great! What did the noise sound like? I need to learn as much about the Santa Fe's as possible!
Whatever it sounded like, I am sure it sounded Unusual! The Santa Fe's don't make too many sounds as a whole!

Really? Mine makes a whirling sound...it's quite annoying..it's not quiet - at least I don't feel it is quiet.