New 01 Elantra power loss problem

Ok about 3 months ago I had severe misfire problems that were trace back to a bad coil pack , now I have a similiar problem with power loss in high gear and misfires at or about 4000 Rpms . I have already changed wires . plugs , TPS amd MAS sensors and there has not been any check lights so far . From reading other threads I think I need to change or check the crank position sensor (Note : I had a similiar problem on my 95 Scoupe and it just needed the position sensor clean of metal particles )

Reply to
Mad E Moe

I doubt it?s a crank sensor problem. They usually don?t cause performance issues beyond making the car stall or not run at all.

If it?s actually a misfire, then there are many possibilities left to check, such as the fuel injectors and compression. But if it?s just power loss without a misfire, especially at high rpm, my money is on the catalytic converter, possibly damaged by the previous misfire.

"Mad E Moe" wrote: > Ok about 3 months ago I had severe misfire problems that were > trace > back to a bad coil pack , now I have a similiar problem with > power > loss in high gear and misfires at or about 4000 Rpms . I have > already > changed wires . plugs , TPS amd MAS sensors and there has not > been > any check lights so far . From reading other threads I think I > need to > change or check the crank position sensor (Note : I had a > similiar > problem on my 95 Scoupe and it just needed the position sensor > clean > of metal particles )

Reply to
Hyundaitech

Ugh thats gonnna really suck ,don't tell me its connected right below the exhaustmanifold . *%(&^%(** design

Reply to
Mad E Moe

Totally meaningless response.

Reply to