New 01 Elantra power loss problem

Ok about 3 months ago I had severe misfire problems that were trace back to a bad coil pack , now I have a similiar problem with power loss in high gear and misfires at or about 4000 Rpms . I have already
changed wires . plugs , TPS amd MAS sensors and there has not been any check lights so far . From reading other threads I think I need to change or check the crank position sensor (Note : I had a similiar problem on my 95 Scoupe and it just needed the position sensor clean of metal particles )
I doubt its a crank sensor problem. They usually dont cause performance issues beyond making the car stall or not run at all.
If its actually a misfire, then there are many possibilities left to check, such as the fuel injectors and compression. But if its just power loss without a misfire, especially at high rpm, my money is on the catalytic converter, possibly damaged by the previous misfire.
"Mad E Moe" wrote: > Ok about 3 months ago I had severe misfire problems that were > trace > back to a bad coil pack , now I have a similiar problem with > power > loss in high gear and misfires at or about 4000 Rpms . I have > already > changed wires . plugs , TPS amd MAS sensors and there has not > been > any check lights so far . From reading other threads I think I > need to > change or check the crank position sensor (Note : I had a > similiar > problem on my 95 Scoupe and it just needed the position sensor > clean > of metal particles )
Ugh thats gonnna really suck ,don't tell me its connected right below the exhaustmanifold . *%(&^%(** design

Totally meaningless response.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net