New Elantra, Nav question, wiring

Hi folks, we are now a Hyundai family, wife with 06 Sonata and now a new Eleantra Limited 2011. Love the car (as much as one can in less than a week) I have two questions anybody here have a NAV package and how often do you update and what do you pay for them? Second question, I topped off my windshield washer and noticed two peices of wiring harness going around the fill spout with the wiring snap connectors (uninsulated and not wrapped, with copper visible in the connector). The wires are insulated up until the connectors Basically the harness makes a V with the spout right above the visible connectors. It is near impossible to pour this without some fluid coming in contact with the connectors and their visible copper wires inside. Is this going to be a problems or should I put some silicone tape insulation on them. Should the connectors themselves be wrapped insulated like the wiring itself? Already looking at 27 mpg around town and not even done with first tank. Thanks for your input on my questions...............Doc

Reply to
Dr.Colon Oscopy

I don't have a NAV package, but use a Garmin. Maps come out quarterly. I updated mine three years ago and it still has all the coverage I need. If you live (or drive to) in an area of lots of new road building, you may want to update more frequently. I don't know what Hyndair dealers chare, but $100 or jore is possible.

Already looking at 27 mpg around

Good for around town. I hope you continue to love the car over the years. Sharp looking machine!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski