New Genesis brand

This was announced a few days ago. I think it is going to be good for the top end cars to have their own brand, same as others have done.

Easier to get a Lexus owner to look at a Genesis rather than a Hyundai no matter how good they are. It takes time to overcome the association with the low end Excel of years ago.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm not surprised. When I was looking at cars in Septemeber 2014 )bought Elantra GT and Accent)....they had a beautiful Genesis in the showroom and while looking it over, I realized that there was no Hyundai markings anywhere on the car....everything just said Genesis....which I did find a bit strange then.

Reply to
jtees4

The original trunk emblem was the Hyundai "H", but there is a Genesis wing available. My 2015 has the "H" and I may swap it out.

Meantime, it is a really nice car to drive, especially with all the goodies.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm surprised because the one in the dealer was brand new without any Hyundai emblem, which really surprised me at the time....I even mentioned it to my wife. I'm trying to remember, but I'm pretty sure the Equus in the showroom had no Hyundai badging either. Also, my neighbor has an older Genesis, I walked passed it this morning with my dog....and it has ZERO markings of any kind. No Hyundai, no Genesis....nothing....and no indication of there ever being an emblem on it. Not even on the wheels.

Reply to
jtees4

I wonder if they either made changes along the way or if the dealer added the emblems. I don't recall what the Equus had, but it was not the H. I really like the Equus except for the grill. I like the G90 grill. More than I should sensibly spend on a car though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I mispoke earlier....I passed my neighbors older genesis again this morning. There is a Hyundai emblem H on the trunk....but there is ZERO model info anywhere. It doesn't say Genesis or anything else anywhere else on the car or wheels. I got it backwards previously. BUT the Genisis I saw in September 2014 (which could have been 14's or maybe

15's I guess) definitely did not have ANY Hyundai markings on it, only Genesis.
Reply to
jtees4

When I was at the dealer buying my 14 Elantra, a guy was trading in his Mercedes for The Equus. I don't know the Mercedes model but it was an upper model, and he was talking about how great The Equas was in comparison, and how much money he was saving.

Reply to
jtees4

Smart man. I owned a Mercedes about 27 years ago. Great car, very overpriced. I've not driven an Equus, but it looks like a better value.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski