New Hyundai MUSCLE CAR !!!!!!

Page 1 of 2
Read an article in out newspaper yesterday that Hyundai is coming out with a new " Muscle Car With REAR WHEEL DRIVE " they are also coming out with a
convertable and a pick-up that will be similar to the Toyota Ridgeline no other info was given and no dates were given...Hmmmmmmm Rear Wheel drive Muscle Car !!!! This should be interesting.
Tunez

Sounds like BS to me. Can you mention the name of the newspaper please?
Eric
The word I have from some employees of Hyundai Motor America is that Hyundai's next version of the Tiburon will have rear drive and a V8. As with all things, we'll see when it gets here.

Very surprising!! Thanks for the information.
Eric
Found this:
http://car-reviews.automobile.com/news/hyundai-confirms-development-of-rear-wheel-drive-sports-car/1239 /
--
Zotto V6 Sonica driver
http://www.g2kweb.it/gigio2k/gallery.asp?gallery_dir=Upload/salvati/zotto/Zottomobile
Zotto wrote:

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/news/hyundai-confirms-development-of-rear-wheel-drive-sports-car/1239 /
$4.00/gallon. Yeah, that's just what we need!

Nah, the republicans are just about out of office again. I'll bet that in 3-4 years, gas prices will be around $2/gal
Paradox wrote:

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/news/hyundai-confirms-development-of-rear-wheel-drive-sports-car/1239 /
I hope you are right, but unfortunately you aren't. Read "Twilight in the Desert" by Matt Simmons.
Matt
Paradox wrote:

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/news/hyundai-confirms-development-of-rear-wheel-drive-sports-car/1239 /
Now THAT'S funny!
It won't matter who's in power in the US, the increasing demand from China and India is going to continue to drive the price of oil upward. The Middle East will probably never be stable, so there will always be a fear-factor to drive prices even higher. Cheap gas in not coming back and the sooner we accept that and start acting appropriately, the better.

What are you, some kind of Kool Aid drinker? Oil prices are determined by supply and demand, not politics.
Gasoline will never see $2.50 again, and will probably hit $4 within a year.
--
Bob

While I think seeing anything in the $2 range is unlikely, I think you are a bit foolish if you think politics has nothing to do with oil prices.
Eric
Eric G. wrote:

Global politics does, but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what party is in power here in the states.

You don't find it a bit coincidental that Exxon-Mobil and other oil compaies make record profits when Republicans are in office domestically? The same republicans who are heavily invested in the oil companies? I guess it could just be coincidence...
Eric

You make 10% profit sound as though it should be illegal. Keep in mind the record profits are in DOLLARS, not PERCENTAGE. Exxon-Mobil is a growing company, and will keep breaking records as they grow.
--
Bob

Yes, very, very good news for the stock holders. Now, if only the same stock holders would buy some shares in corn, soy, field grass or whatever other possible form of potential energy, maybe things would be a bit different.
Maybe I am just jealous. Man, if only I could find a finite energy source that could run or help make just about everything in the world. I guess being wealthy beyond my wildest dreams just wouldn't be enough for me either.
Eric
Eric G. wrote:

The oil companies are making record profits because high demand and an unstable middle-east (nothing new there) have combined to drive the price of crude through the roof. One could reasonably argue that our foreign policy is partly to blame, but please spare me the silly conspiracy theories.

What does the price of crude oil have to do with the profit that the oil companies are making? You're comparing apples and oranges now.
Eric
Eric G. wrote:

Are you kidding me? The oil companies pump it out of the ground and sell it on the futures market. There is actually very little profit in selling the refined products. How do YOU think they make their money?

I think you are pulling my leg. The gasoline futures price has not been above $2.24/gal. Considering that I don't know a single gas station owner making more than $0.01 on a gallon of regular (they don't make much more on mid-grade or premium either), where does all the rest go? Some to transportation, sure, but $0.75/gal.? I don't think so.
Before Katrina hit the "markup" between the futures price and the street price averaged $0.30/gal. Since then it is $0.70-$0.80/gal. Gee, I wonder where all the extra profit comes from.
Eric

NO, GREEDY OIL COMPANIES AND THEIR STOCKHOLDERS.