New Hyundai MUSCLE CAR !!!!!!

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

Come on Eric, Exxon-Mobil made 10% profit on billions they risked. I own stock in E-M, and I'm by no means rich.
--
Bob

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 23:46:39 GMT, "Eric G."

No, it's a business model based on a fixed percentage return. The higher the cost of the product the higher the value of the fixed percentage. Not rocket science or politics but "normal" pricing structure for most of what we buy. The only politics is the folks whining about gross profits as a politcal whine. They conveniently ignore why the numbers are what they are and focus on the numbers alone.

Ah, now you hit the nail on the head. Fixed percentages. So at $1/gal. they make $0.20 and at $4/gal. they make $0.80. Seems fair. Especially when you consider the government regualtion on other "commodities" like MILK, CORN, SOY, where the profit is a fixed $$ amount per unit, not a percentage. Why is that?
Eric
Eric G. wrote:

Because the government isn't too bright collectively. I'm not saying that smart people don't work for the government, but the collective wisdom seems to be lacking.
Matt

You're way too kind Matt!
--
Bob

Eric G. wrote:

That's the gist of it, but the actual margins are considerably lower than that, more along the lines of 10%.
YUP It was The Las Vegas Review Journal The Friday morning edtion, the Driving section
Tunes