Newbie ECM/PCM question

Can anyone tell me the difference between ECM and PCM. And where are they usually located. It would be an even bigger help if someone can point that out for my car - 2000 Hyundai Sonata V6.
-mm
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:10:41 -0000, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

the kick panel off to see it clearly. Called a ECU - engine control unit. Also TCU transmission control unit (mounted in the front consol under the radio)
Pete
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 02:14:45 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

Just went and looked it up. Both ECU and TCU are under the radio (on the hump). Bottom one is the engine controller
ECM stands for Engine Control Module. These modules control the engine only.
PCM stands for Powertrain Control Module. These modules control both engine and transmission.
Your car, a 2000 V6 Sonata, has an ECM located under the center of the dash as cselby has posted.