next elantra revamp?

When is the next Elantra major redesign do?

later this year. take a look at www.elantraclub.com go to the forums page there are pics there
--
Andrew D. Sisson
LG VX8100 VZW AC II SINCE APRIL 1993

Thanks, I should have looked there first.
FWIW - guess I won't worry about trading. Just another f'ing jellybean that won't take roof racks well or have a station wagon.

Last I knew, a hatch was due early next year. The new design has cues taken from various other cars. Honda, Acura, VW.
I'd like to see the hatch before I make any real judgments.
BTW, how do you like you current Elantra?
--
Andrew D. Sisson
LG VX8100 VZW AC II SINCE APRIL 1993
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 00:13:12 GMT, "Andy S"

I can't wait to get it back. I picked it because of the tow ratings and Yakima rack availability from the 2004. The car hasn't changed but the 2006 is not listed for accessories. Bought the yak clips I needed and the rack worked fine. Haven't done the trailer hitch yet but will. I have about 17,000 mi on it since December. Only complaints are the seat could use a bit more padding and the radio does not do mp3. Will replace the radio soon. I'm looking for a piece of sheepskin for a seat pad. They aren't in vogue here right now. I tried a full skin but it was too bulky so I put it back where it belonged.
I took the Elantra to the Adirondacks on a camping trip. SO, dog, canoe stuff, screen house, tent, etc all fit in the hatchback with a bit of room left. Roof rack for canoe. Went out to civilization to do a bit of shopping and got hit in the left rear quarter. Ended up with a new Ford Taurus rental for the last couple of weeks. Packup for home much tighter, eats gas, doesn't handle service call parts all that well. It took a work week to get the car to an insurance company approved shop. Car should be ready next Monday. It's amazing how little metal needs to get bent to make a $4000+ collision bill these days. That's without airbags, they did not go off. A woman pulled out of a stop sign as I was making a left in front of her so the whole thing happened at under 10 mph.
nothermark

Man, sorry to hear that you had the accident. 17K miles since December. that's just over half of what we have on ours (30K miles) since April last year.
The seat does need more padding. Have you adjusted it using the knobs on the driver's seat?
$4k plus for repairs?
When my wife had an accident with a previous car we took it to Panorama collision in East Rochester. IIRC, that'd be a bit of a drive for you. They do good work and even clean the passenger cabin. And to top it off, left a silk rose and plastic trash bag.
Airbags won't deploy under 15 MPH. :)
Hope all works out for you
--
Andrew D. Sisson
LG VX8100 VZW AC II SINCE APRIL 1993
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 00:57:56 GMT, "Andy S"

Thanks,
BTW, Panorama is right around the corner, so to speak. I live in Henrietta. The problem was that the car couldn't be driven so I could either take a shop local to the accident, take one preaproved by the insurance company, or pay out of pocket to have it flatbedded home. Choice one included a delay while an adjuster could come and look at it. Choice 3 would have been fairly costly.

So you had the repairs done in the area of the accident, drove the rental back here and then drove back to get the Elantra. I hope insurance covered ALL of this. I can attest to the cost of flat bedding a car to the dealership for repairs. NOT fun. Or cheap.
Hope all worked out and that you have no pull to one side. In other words, no damage to the frame.
I worry about repair costs because of a limited income on the part of the SO's and my pay. Even if insurance covers it. Deductible is high enough.
--
Andrew D. Sisson
LG VX8100 VZW AC II SINCE APRIL 1993
On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:55:06 GMT, "Andy S"

Actually had the accident in Saranac Lake but the insurance company preferred to have it repaired at one of their "authorized repair facilities" so I let them talk me into flatbeding it to Watertown. Half way home. Davidson Collision did the work - part of a large dealership operation like Holtz or Vision. They did a very nice job on the metalwork and paint. Their detail person missed some tape residue. I can live with that. It is soooooo good to get back to my Elantra after having a new Taurus for almost 4 weeks.