NF Sonata body creaks

Extremely impressed with my new diesel Sonata. Latest trip of 1500 km it got 5.7 litres/100 km. Huge torque makes 4 speed auto fine. Only issue is a
major "creak" in right hand bottom corner of windscreen. At speed on Australian roads its a total pain. Doesnt appear to be under the dash. Sounds like panels rubbing together. Obviously a warranty issue and agent is taking out windscreen without any prompting. Makes me wonder if its a common fault though. Anyone heard of it before?. Cheers John
John wrote:

I have had a similar noise in my 2006 Sonata since it was new. Mine occurs mainly during cold weather (40F or below) and generally only when hitting a fairly sharp bump. Mine makes a very loud creak/snapping sound. The dealer tried to put foam in various places in the dash, but never could find the problem. It almost sounds to me like it is coming from where the windshield attaches to the body, but I could never be sure. Mine is definitely on the right side near the bottom corner of the windshield. I have no idea though as to the source.
Matt
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 10:08:09 -0400, Voyager wrote:

Try a search on this site. http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/results.cfm Shows complaints for vehicle by model/year
Irwell wrote:

I don't think body creaks are a safety issue. :-)
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:17:51 -0400, Voyager wrote:

Depends on how far the rust has spread.
Thanks for suggestions. Agents are pulling the windscreen out this week so I,ll let you know what happens. Cheers john
In the US, there is a TSB about this creaking issue. It's caused by the glass rubbing against the frame and trim.
The fix involves injecting some lubricating oil into the gap between the window and the outside trim.

Much obliged MM. I,ll dig it out on the Hyundai website. John
John wrote:

Where do you find these? I keep getting directed to the AllData site which appears to be a pay to view site. :-)
Matt
Voyager wrote:

http://www.hyundaitechinfo.com/default.asp http://www.kiatechinfo.com/default.asp
Matt, I use HMAservice.com. You have to log in with usernames etc but I,ve found it invaluable even though its USA oriented. Cheers John
Agents removed/replaced the windscreen and thought there wasnt sufficient sealant around edge of windscreen. We,ll see. Pit they left glue marks all over dashboard. People wonder why I prefer to do things myself!. John