No more automatic head-lights (sonata)??

Hi, I live in norway and here we are not allowed to drive without headlights turned on.

The headlights on my Hyundai Sonata worked great until yesterday. Now, when I start the car only the parking lights turns on, not the headlights. I have to manually turn the head light on (and of course off later).

What can have caused this? Could it be a relay or fuse?

Best regards, =D8ystein

Reply to
oystlars

Depending on the year of your Sonata,

may have a schematic. The DRL option was never offered in the U.S., but I know I've seen some schematics. I checked for a 2001, and it didn't have DRL schematics for that. If you can find a corresponding Canadian site, you may try to look there. I believe DRL is required in Canada.

Reply to
hyundaitech

The headlights on my Hyundai Sonata worked great until yesterday. Now, when I start the car only the parking lights turns on, not the headlights. I have to manually turn the head light on (and of course off later).

What can have caused this? Could it be a relay or fuse?

Best regards, Øystein

Reply to
Jody

God dag:)

Ok, I also thought the "DRL relay/control was messed up" ;)

So where is that relay located? under the hood (by the fuses) or inside the car (by the fuses)?

Thanks for your answers=)

Reply to
oystlars

anybody?