NO power/ acceleration with blinking CEL

Ok for the past several days I've been having no power/accel issues with my 01 Elantra . I've had the codes read at AutoZones AND the dealer but no error codes are found . I've replaced the TPS 3 times ,
replaced the fuel filter , replaced plugs and wires ,checked the timing and timing belt . So anyone out have a clue or SWAG to what may be going on ?
So are you saying the dealership cannot find the problem? Did they only check for codes or give your motor a good going over?
I had this same issue with a 97 Ford that I owned many years ago and the dealership tried unsuccessfully to find the problem on two separate occassions. They finally hooked up a data logger to my OBDII port so they could "see" it happen as I was driving over a 1-2 week period. Not sure if Hyundai has such a device but I would think they may. Basically, when ever it happend while I was driving I would press a red button and it would log 30 sec back in time and 5 minutes moving forward so you could see exactly what was going on.
Ended up being a bad O2 sensor that had gotten "water logged". Once replaced, everything was back to normal and I was a very happy camper. Not sure if this applies here but it sounds like your looking to turn over every rock you can for a possible solution.
Can't drive the car , I would risk ausing severe damage to the catalytic converter and engine if I did so that option is out . Apparently finding no codes is not an abnormal thing .
If your check engine lamp is flashing, there should be at least one trouble code. The flashing lamp indicates a misfire. Even if there were no code, the dealer (or any other competent shop) should be able to locate the cause of a misfire. Misfires could be repaired prior to computerized fuel systems. Certainly, they can be found and repaired using the same procedures today.
Mad E Moe wrote:

It may one of the coil packs. Check the connections to make sure they're clean.
Thats the FIRST thing I did when i had this problem , went over every connection I could see , Had the codes read TWICE , once at Autozone then at the dealer . The first time I had a similiar problem it was a burnt through spark plug wire . Right now I'm trying to figure out if the timing belt could be out in a way I can't see , but I've pulled the covers and everything lines up . And also it only misses under load , with the car in out of gear the engine revs up fine so Brian may be closer to the truth of the matter . I guess I'm going to hit up the Hmaservice website and see if I can find the resistive values on the coil and check them out ...(Runs out the door to pull the coil pack)
On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:37:55 GMT, Brian Nystrom

Do a simple vacuum test If the vacuum at idle stays steady around 18 " it's OK if it drops way down it indicates a clogged converter or muffler Unbolt the ex pipe & run it briefly if the power is back you know it is the problem