Noise during braking - repeating thump or thud and low pitch squeak coming from right front when working suspension

When I brake I sometimes hear more than feel a fast repeating thumping sound as I come to a stop but there doesn't seem to be any steering wheel vibration. It may be more noticeable during a brake while turning. I have stood up on the front end and there is a easlly noticeable squenching sound "rubber-like" from the passenger's side front wheel as i make the suspension go up and down with my weight.

What is the most likely culprits?

Wouldn't you know my 60 mos of warrany just expired?

Thanks for any help.

Stan

Reply to
Stanley P. Pickens

Forgot to say it's a Hyundai elentra gt 2001

Reply to
Stanley P. Pickens

For the thumping, you probably have nonparallel or rusted rear rotors.

As for the squeak, I'd primarily suspect sway bar bushings, but it could be almost anything in the suspension.

Reply to
hyundaitech