Noise from Front Right Wheel

I have a 2002 Elantra with an automatic transmission. Car has around 80,000 miles on the odometer. I have begun hearing a rhythmic clunking sound coming
from the right front wheel when turning right. The noise goes away when the wheel is going straight forward or turning left. If making a right turn and I hear the clunking sound and apply the brake, the noise stops. The clunking sound speeds up or slows down in relation to the speed of the vehicle.
If it was a bad bearing, would applying the brake stop the noise?
Thanks.
On 7/2/2010 11:51 AM, Paul wrote:

This is the classic sound that the outboard CV joint makes when it wants some attention. My guess is that it's coming the driver's side but what you describe is the opposite. Check your boot at the joint - I'm guessing it's damaged. Good luck!

I'll add that this is typically more of a clicking noise than a clunking noise.