noise when starting

what is the noise that the engine makes when starting a 2008 Hyundai Veracruz after sitting over night sounds as if the engine is about to come apart

Just a long shot . . . , check your power steering fluid level. My 2004 was making a noise on startup and it was the power steering pump due to the fluid being low.
On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 5:37:40 AM UTC-4, TomR wrote:

Or, it could be the engine is about to come apart. I'd suggest having it checked.