Noisy air Conditioner compressor

Hi, I've started noticing a loud rattling sound when I turn on the air conditioning on my '05 Santa Fe. I don't hear it in the car with the windows up, but it seems pretty loud when my window is down. It stops if I turn the climate control off. Its a 3.5 L automatic.

Should I be looking at the compressor, the compressor clutch or something else?

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

I'd say blow by your local dealer and have a tech there give it a listen. Without hearing it, it's difficult for me to even determine if there's a problem. A tech experienced with Hyundai should be able to tell fairly quickly whether the noise is normal.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks Hyundaitech. I'm taking it in on Monday.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Turned out to need both power steering and compressor belts. All quiet now.

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo