Noisy window motor on Sonata MY2006

My Sonata has a noisy window motor on driver side. Months ago I had motor on passenger side replaced for the same reason, and when I saw it there was only some rust on gear. Is it sufficient to clean rust on motor or probably I will have to replace motor (now out of guarantee ) ?

Reply to
Zotto

What sort of noise is it making?

Reply to
hyundaitech

"hyundaitech" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@t13g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

Uh, difficult to describe, something like metal scratching to metal, (it is the same noise that was on passenger side when the electric motor was substituted).

Reply to
Zotto

snipped-for-privacy@t13g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...

That sounds more like an issue with the regulator or perhaps something on one of the felt strips scraping on the glass as it raises/lowers. I've replaced some regulators for a squeak/squeal type noise and a couple motors for a humming noise.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"hyundaitech" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@r36g2000vbn.googlegroups.com...

I am sure it is the motor bevause it's the same noise occurred to other door; my doubts are about the need to change motor or if it is simply a cleaning or lubrication issue.

Reply to
Zotto