Noisy wipers

I replaced the wiper linkage and wiper blades on my Accent. The rubber blades make a scraping noise in the last inches of travel to the home position. The sweep seems to be adjusted properly, the glass and
blades are clean.
Maybe I have overtightened the arms but if I loosen it too much it will be disconnected from the linkage. How do I stop the scraping noise from my wipers?
accent wrote:

Does the sound occur if the blades are not in contact with the windshield? If not, it's probably just due to the new rubber blades. If you still hear the sound, there may be something wrong with the motor bearings or the way you assembled the linkage. Loosening the wiper arms is NOT the way to solve this problem.
It's also possible you didn't get the windshield cowling reinstalled properly, and it's sitting up allowing the wiper arms to scrape against it.