Nokian Tires

Never heard of Nokian Tires before last week. My Sonata turbo came with a pretty good performance tire and for 29,000 miles, I have no complaints, still another 8 to 10,000 miles left. The problem is, I live in CT and it snows here. The tires are not rated for "all weather" and are not good in snow at all. Last year they were bad and this year is even less tread so I can't take a chance with them.

Stopped at my local independent tire guy to see what was available and he gave me four choices. The Nokian WRG3 seemed to be the best choice. They are made in Finland and this model was designed for North America. It has both a real snow rating as well as four seasons. Also has a speed rating of "V" so they are good for 149 mph.

Only had them for a day so I can't say how they will be for some time but Consumer Reports think highly of them.

Ed Pawlowski

Before it started making cell phones, Nokia was mainly known for making rubber products and industrial cables. Nokian is an offshot. Nokian tires are ubiquitous in Europe.

Everyone praises their WRG2/3 to heavens. How much did you pay for a set?

DK

My Sonata turbo came with

Reply to
DK

$239 each. Four tires, installed, balanced, taxed, was $1074.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski