Obd II Protocol

Does anyone know if any of the new Hyundai's uses the CAN OBD II protocol? I thought my 2007 Sonata did but my scan tool seems to be telling me its KWP2000. Its difficult to tell because they whip by so fast but it looks like KWP is the last one tested. It does show the VIN number, which is new from my 2003. I thought that I had read where the NF Sonata used a networked system.

Reply to
Partner

You may find what you need on the HMA service web site.

If you don't have one, get a free account there. They do give some OBD-II information, but I'm not familiar with scan tools so I don't know if it is what you need.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

To my knowledge, the '06 and '07 Sonatas are only lightly networked, by which I mean that the computers communicate with each other only a small amount and command very little of each other. The '06 Accent was actually the onset of the CAN protocol for Hyundai. I believe '07 Elantra and Entourage are CAN as well.

Reply to
hyundaitech