Odd occurence with 2000 Sonata (HELP)

This morning when I started my 2000 Sonata GLS V6, the engine started run several seconds while not sounding normal. The I tried to restart it and while it would turn over it would not start.
I was in a hurry so I switched to my truck and ran a few errands. Upon return I tried again to start the Sonata. It cranked but didn't start. Going back to my "shade tree mechanic" days I will have to say that it sounded like an old carbureted car that was not getting the correct fuel mixture.
I tried cranking it again but this time let it crank for a longer period. It finally started and run OK. I turned it off and restarted it several times. It now starts and runs OK and the Service Engine light does NOT come on. WHAT HAPPENED??.
Could the computer have gotten confused and ordered the wrong fuel mixture to the injectors?
Old_Timer
maybe ya got some crap in yer gas that clogged an injector????
Pete...
<Old_Timer> wrote in message

Had one ijector been clogged I would tend to believe that it would have still started but would have ran poorly.
Old_Timer

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:36:55 -0700, Old_Timer wrote:

Had this happen to my SF coupla months ago. Twas the fuel pump going out. Finally went altogether and dealer replaced. Those 'intermittants' are tough to find, eh?     S25
Did the engine crank at the normal speed, or did it crank very fast?
On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:43:54 -0400, "hyundaitech"

It cranked at normal speed. It has started and ran correctly since then with no more malfunctions.
Old_Timer
You should probably take it in to be checked or have it scanned for trouble codes. Could be a crank sensor which has already stored a code (but not yet caused the check engine lamp to illuminate). It's possible they won't find anything, but it can't hurt either.